Monday, May 31, 2010

Haul: Shiro Cosmetics

Reading Fresco Phyrra's blog has proved to be expensive in the past, and the last couple of weeks have proved to be no exception! I've ordered from 2 companies I haven't before after seeing swatches on her blog! The other company is Aromaleigh, for those interested.

Recently she showed a haul from a company called Shiro Cosmetics. I thought the colours looked interesting and they were all named after Pokemon, which made it 10000x more awesome. I ordered the "Super Effective" sample set, which was the (at the time) full set of 15 samples for $12.00. Since then, a couple of new colours have appeared on her Etsy site. Full sized jars are $5.00.

I was very impressed at the shipping time, I got an email the next day to say my order has been posted. Since we seem to be clear from volcanic ash for the moment (more on that in another haul, if it ever gets here. Grrr. Two orders went missing, one's been tracked down, I don't want to talk about the other), this got here less than a week after I placed my order.



How adorably wrapped is that? While I don't mind a lack of fancy packaging, it does help to feel appreciated when your order is all pretty like that. I "oohed" and "aahed" for a little while before getting stuck in to see what I'd ordered.



Each colour comes with a label with its own ingredients listed. Very impressive as one or two shades include cosmetic glitter or dyes. Each shade also has a note to say if it's lip safe or not. The samples come in little baggies and you get 1/4tsp. Plenty to have a good go with.

I'll get into the ingredients another time, this is just my haul post really! All are swatched with a damp cotton bud, descriptions are from Shiro Cosmetics.



-Team Rocket - Red toned purple shimmer.
-Zubat - Dusky, semi-sheer blue with a violet tinge.
-Lance the Dragon Tamer - Deep shimmering indigo with golden sparks of eye safe glitter.
-Mewtwo - Sheer, shimmery, medium purple with blue tones.
-Articuno - Pale, powdery silver-blue.



-Pikachu - Vivid, shimmering yellow with eye safe red sparks.
-Charmander - Soft, yet bright, shimmery orange, with yellow undertones and a hint of gold.
-Squirtle - Bright, clear, shimmery pool blue.
-Bulbasaur - Bright, shimmering grass green with a hint of golden undertone.
-Acid - Shimmery yellow-green with golden undertones and a touch of darker green eye safe glitter.



-Mew - Cheerful, bright strawberry-bubblegum pink with a slight peachy tone.
-S. S. Anne - Shimmery, subtle yet rich golden brown with a peachy golden tinge.
-Brock the Rock - Shimmery chocolate brown with red tones.
-Vulpix - Gorgeous, shimmery coppery red-brown.
-Hyper Beam - Sparkly opaque black with silver eye-safe glitter.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the colours but I haven't had chance to wear any yet! I'll try and do a FOTD soon with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment