Saturday, May 29, 2010

Review: ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer




I had received a huge number of requests to review this before I finally got my hands on it. I have reviewed it on YouTube, you can find the video here. I actually checked the ELF site every day until this came back in stock and the minute it did, Mum and I both ordered one each!

The primer is available from eyeslipsface.co.uk for £6.00 (14g). It contains the "usual" primer ingredients: silica and the "cones". A full ingredient list can be found on the website.

This primer is a thick, clear gel housed in a pump bottle. I'm not sure why the bottle is white, it does prevent you from seeing how much you have left. The pump does unscrew if you want to have a look. The major issue I have with this product is the pump. I think once of those airless pumps (that push the product up from the bottom and scrape the sides) would have worked better than this one. As the primer is so thick, we're getting the Urban Decay Primer Potion problem! Once the primer has been used from the middle of the bottle, it's then too thick to settle out and clings to the sides. This means that the pump isn't actually reaching any of the primer.

But, that issue aside, it's actually a pretty good primer! I only use a tiny amount over my whole face. One full pump of the primer is actually far too much for one application. This applies very easily over my skin and leaves a very smooth surface for my foundation - liquid foundation just glides over the top. I have found that for best foundation application it is best to let it sit and soak into your skin for a couple of minutes before you apply foundation.

It does help my foundation to last longer through the day, but not as long as my Urban Decay primer does. I still tend to get oily on my chin, but it takes longer for that to appear when I've got this primer underneath my foundation. I always lose my foundation around my nose - I'm a glasses wearer and I've never found a primer or foundation that will survive glasses.

If you're looking to try out foundation primers, then definitely give this one a go. When it's in stock, that is! It does tend to sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment