Sunday, May 23, 2010

Review: Sleek Makeup Bohemian Palette

I know I'm pretty late with this one, they're about to release their next palette! But I've had a few people ask me for a review and swatches, so here they are.

Sleek palettes are available from Superdrug for £4.99. Limited editions are released quite often throughout the year and sell out quite quickly.



I tried to take a photo of the outside of the palette but the pictures didn't come out. As the outside is white and my photo background is white, there was no contrast at all in the picture. Just imagine a white version of the usual black palettes. I don't like the white much myself, I've found that it actually gets pretty grubby after some handling. These eye shadows are pretty crumbly and flecks get all over the palette which show up (especially the black), more so than with the black palettes.

Only three of the shades are shimmery in this, so it's not my favourite palette. I really don't use much in the way of mattes. I've used the black quite a bit as a matte black is always useful for a smokey crease or liner.




The swatches have been done in the same order as the palette. Two of the shades barely showed up while swatching, I really had to pack them on. The white/cream on the first row and the first colour of the second barely showed up on my arm of my eyes. The other mattes were pretty pigmented, but not as much as the black. The three shimmering, metallic shades were richly pigmented and smooth as usual. The mattes only took a couple of swipes with the brush to show up as they do in the pan on my arm and they didn't come off as chalky.

Overall, not my favourite palette that Sleek has released but it you like strongly coloured mattes then this one is for you.

This was sent for free to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment